- n. 标签；附属物；捉人游戏；谚语；名称
- vt. 连接；附以签条；尾随；添饰；指责
- vi. 紧随；尾随
- She peered at the tag to read the price.
- The kids are playing tag over there.
- He would make a shot at a Latin tag.
- A tag is another name for a media information attribute.
- This name will be included in the opening tag of the user control element.
- Will you tag these two together?
- Let's tag the disk now or else we'll forget which is which.
- You should tag a moral to the story.
- If you're going to the cinema, do you mind if I tag along ?
- The clerks tagged the merchandise for sale.
- The porter tagged my trunks.
- Tag the bottles now or we'll forget which one is which.
- He tagged a request for money to the end of his letter.
- There are certain packages that must be tagged as well as labelled.
- All his trunks are tagged with his name and address.
- The pitcher was tagged with the loss of the game.
- One may tag this book traditional.
- He was tagged as a quitter.
- The aged professor was tagged as a stranger man.
- Ever since she failed her exam she's been tagged as stupid.
- After his failure, he was tagged a failure.
- Have you put tags on your baggage?
- The old scholar's writing is always full of tags.
- tag along (v.+adv.)
在后追随,紧跟在后 come along as a follower, to follow closely
I'll just tag along and watch you all playing.
If you're going to the park, do you mind if I tag along?
We didn't invite him to go with us but he tagged along anyway.
Tag along with us if you like.
The little child always tags along with her mother.
The baby elephant was tagging along behind its mother.
- tag on (v.+adv.)
把…附加在后面 attach as an addition
He tagged on behind.
他紧紧跟在后面。tag oneself on to sb
During the interval, a young fellow tagged himself on to the actress, and she couldn't get rid of him for the rest of the evening.
幕间休息时,一个小伙子硬缠住了那位女演员,此后她整个晚上都没能甩掉他。tag on to sb
The child always tags on to his elder brother.
Don't tag on to us all the time.
别老缠着我们。tag sth on to sth
The poem he tagged on to his speech seemed a bit forced.
他附加在演说后的那首诗似乎有点勉强。tag sth ⇔ on
He decided to tag on an extra paragraph at the end summarizing what he'd said.
- tag on 接近,紧跟在后; 把…附加在后面
- tag after 跟着…
- tag as 把…称作
- tag as a quitter 称作胆小鬼
- tag for 因…而罚…的款
- tag for going through a red light 因闯红灯而被罚款
- attach a tag 系〔贴〕标签
- name〔price〕 tag 名字〔价格〕标签
- on the tag 在标签上
Adding little moral tags..to the end of his plays.出自： L. Stephen
A Latin tag came into my head about the..descent into the abyss.出自： J. Conrad
Anglers tagged 954 bass.出自：Nature
The..exhibits, packed and tagged, would be carried to the police car.出自： P. D. James
The film began to be tagged 'the Brat Pack Western'.出自：Blitz
- tag引申可作“以特殊的方式评价或描述”解,作此解时常带有强烈的感情色彩,评价的对象可以是物,但主要是指人。用作及物动词,接名词或代词作宾语,还可接以“(as+) n./adj. ”充当补足语的复合宾语。可用于被动结构。
- tag常与along, on等连用,表示“在后追随,紧跟在后”。
- tag, chase, follow, pursue, tail, trail
- 1.follow指跟随起引导作用的人或物或遵循他人的计划; 而pursue指为达到某个目的而坚持不懈地紧跟、追赶或追求某人、某物或某种事业。跟随他人的计划时用follow,追随自己的计划时用pursue。例如:
- She has pursued the goal of perfection in her art.在艺术中,她追求完美。
- She pursued the study of French for four years.她坚持学了四年法语。
- The country has always pursued a policy of peace.该国一直奉行和平政策。
- 2.chase指迅速追赶在逃的目标以便将其抓获或赶走,而follow则指继之而来或去。tag指不断地纠缠或恼人的尾随某人; tail指紧密尾随并监视; trail指跟踪追击。例如:
- The dog chased a mouse, but could not catch it.这狗追赶老鼠,但没有捉住。
- The policeman chased the thief.警察追赶小偷。
- What are you tagging along for?You aren't invited.你怎么跟着我?又没邀请你。
- The detective tailed the thief through the crowd.侦探在人群中跟踪小偷。
- The hunter trailed the wounded buffalo through the bush.猎人穿过灌木林追猎受伤的水牛。
- 3.chase较follow, pursue更具感情色彩,除常表示不友好之外,其行动也可能是出于嬉戏或高兴。还可表示一种热切的,为满足情欲而进行的搜寻。例如:
- The boy chased his playmate around the block.那个男孩绕着街区追逐他的玩伴。
- He is the man who chased after woman all his life.他就是那个一生都在追求女人的男子。